Sunday, July 5, 2015

Lesney #34c-VW Camper Van Restoration

The original VW Microbus is one of those vehicles that you just smile when you see it. I don't care what kind of cars you're into, if you're even into cars at all. They are just cool and there's no getting around that! I have been wanting to do a custom of this casting for a long time, and I finally got one in a big ebay lot. Complete with doors too! Rough, but everything was there.







Selecting a color was tough with this one, because of those orange/yellow windows. I can change a lot of things on a model car, but window color isn't really one of them. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to make my own clear windows.. (any suggestions..?)
So I went with this nice blue, which I've used plenty of times before. In fact, the can is almost empty! I also continued my tradition of leaving the baseplate alone. 







The "family shots" will continue once I get my collection unpacked haha


No comments:

Post a Comment