Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hot Wheels Mercedes C Class DTM - OVEN BAKED

I've been playing around with using a small toaster oven to bake on paint finishes.  This Merc was a scrap I had laying around, paint already stripped so I thought I'd give it a try. It looks absolutely amazing, take a look..







I hope it comes through in the pics just how deep and flawless the paint is. Looks so good! I'm really amazed by it. And no fancy expensive paint either. It's just 96 cent Walmart brand black spray paint with an application of some Rustoleum clearcoat that was about $3. Then in my toaster oven at 150 degrees for about 20 minutes. Let it cool and here we are! The paint had only been sitting for about 10 minutes when it went in the oven, and after it came out and cooled for about 10 minutes, it was just as hard and shiny as could be. So I'll be doing this on all my projects from here on out, I'm just amazed at the results. 
Well I won't be with the Lesney restorations, as they were never this shiny from the factory! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment