Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Lesney #39a-Ford Zodiac Convertible Restoration

Here's a somewhat uncommon old Lesney. At least, I don't see them come up on ebay all that often. It was in decent shape, but the windshield frame was bent quite badly when I got it.



Some careful bending, and it looked good as new! I decided to go with a color that goes with the original teal blue of the chassis, and I could see Lesney back in the day painting this car in this shade of cream. I'm happy with how it turned out.






With a friend from the collection:



You probably won't be seeing much of me for a while. I've taken a new job with a small regional airline based out of Cape Cod Massachusetts. I'll be moving up there in about two weeks for training, then who knows where. I'm hoping for Maine or New Hampshire, but I really don't know where I'll be based after training. Long story short, I won't have time or space for this hobby for a while unfortunately. I'll miss it, and am going to try and keep up with the latest Matchbox releases. It's been fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment