Friday, August 19, 2016

Matchbox 1962 VW Beetle Custom

I think this one might be my favorite custom that I've done so far...

Ever since I was a little kid, I've been a fan of air-cooled VWs. Not a fanatic by any means, but I have always held that a true car enthusiast will always smile a bit when they see an old Bug drive by, and I definitely fall into that category!

But I absolutely love how this one turned out, the Matchbox 62 Beetle is my favorite VW casting anyway, and this one is just about perfect in my eyes. Exactly how I'd have a real one. Black over white interior with white walls. I tried a new technique with the wheels that I'm pretty happy with! A simple white paint pen on the regular Matchbox disc wheels. Not perfect, but it makes for a nice effect.





No comments:

Post a Comment