Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lesney #01e Mercedes Truck Restoration

This is the second one of these that I've done, but the idea was given to me by a friend on the forum, of making transitional colors on regular wheel models. Sort of a "one-of-none" type of thing. Here's the tired old truck as I got it.





And did my best to recreate the gold color of the early transitional version. I don't have an actual gold one to compare to, but how did I do? I sprayed on a base coat of bright gold, and dusted a bit of darker bronze over it. The overall effect is very nice. Didn't bake this one, because I learned a couple days ago that the bronze paint does NOT like to be baked on haha. I painted a HW La Troca in that color and baked it, the gloss disappeared and it bubbled up like crazy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment