Sunday, September 7, 2014

Lesney #44c-GMC Refrigerator Truck Restoration

I've got a big backlog of customs that I have finished this weekend to photograph and post, so I'll start with this one, a 44c GMC Refrigerator Truck. It's been sitting on my shelf for ages, and I can't remember where I got it from, but it was in pretty sorry shape.





I decided to make it a bit of a "one off", something that never made production, but I'd be willing to bet there were one or two of these made, a regular wheels model painted in the later superfast colors. If anybody has seen one, I'd love to know about it! Us Lesney collectors are a bit nerdy, so I think this model is really cool. Wheels were replaced with nicer ones from my parts supply, the originals cleaned up but were broken around the hubs and wouldn't stay straight. No door, I'll get around to ordering a replacement one at some point. I have two of these with original doors, but I couldn't see robbing a mint original one for this custom. Came out alright though, what do you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment