Friday, February 27, 2015

Mailbox Find - #61b Alvis Stalwart and #75b Ferrari Berlinetta

Another exciting day courtesy of my mail carrier! In addition to the two cars pictured below, I also received a box of beat up Greenlight cars that will be wheel donors for future projects, and a few more Lesney restoration candidates.

This nice Alvis only cost a few dollars shipped. It isn't mint, but very nice for the money. It is always nice to get a vehicle that still has all its tires! Rare thing anymore, that is. This truck(?) will pair nicely with the super rare, albeit custom made, yellow hub version that I'm finishing up soon. 



Next up, is this delightful disc wheel Ferrari. This variation has eluded me for ages. While not particularly rare, I tend to always come up a minute late and a dollar short on ebay auctions for these cars. They seem to be quite popular. But I finally won this one, it came in at just over $10 shipped. That is a bit more than I normally like to spend on ebay cars, but for a minty variation I've been after for a long time, it was well worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment