Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Closer Look: 2014 Hot Wheels Ferrari 5 Pack

I was finally able to track this one down today. I'm a big Ferrari fan, so the Ferrari 5 Pack every year is a big deal to me! So I thought we'd dive in and take a closer look at the models they selected for this year's pack....

First up is a classic, the F40. This is definitely one of my all time favorite cars, but I think this casting does the car absolutely no justice. Hot Wheels really screwed it up, the Matchbox casting is so much better. But it looks good in yellow. I'm not usually a fan of stripes and such, but these look pretty good on the car. 

Next up is the F430 Scuderia. I'm not a fan of the F430 in real life, but this is a very good casting, it represents the car well. I'm absolutely in love with this color, and I think this is my favorite car of the pack simply because of this gorgeous shade of blue. I don't know about you, but I get REALLY tired of red Ferraris, so it's refreshing to see a different color. 

Now here is a casting we don't see much of, the 612 Scaglietti. A great modern rendition of what I consider to be a "proper" Ferrari: front-mounted V12, rear wheels drive, GT style luxury. Exactly what I would want in a Ferrari. Leave the mid-engine lunacy to Lamborghini. The styling of the 612 was a bit controversial, but I think it has aged nicely. Great color combo on this one as well. White looks good on every car, I've never been able to find proof otherwise!

Next up is the 458 Spider. Not much to say about this model, it's red, and it's a convertible. I like the Y5 wheels on it, I don't think we've seen those released on a 458 yet. Good stuff!

Lastly, we have the Enzo. Seemingly, no Ferrari set would be complete without one. I was never a big fan of this car in real life, it's just plain ugly. But this is a nice model, I like the metallic black and the red accents. It suits the car well. 

That's all for now! I'll be featuring some more Ferraris soon most likely.


Like us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment