Saturday, October 18, 2014

#14d-Iso Grifo Restoration

Hi guys! Sorry for the length of time in between posts again, just so busy these days! But never fear, I'm back, this time with a sweet classic Italian supercar! This is one of my favorite Lesney castings, right up there with the Ferrari Berlinetta and E Type. It's just such a sexy car, and as usual, the boffins at Lesney did a fantastic job of re-creating it in small scale.

Now, I neglected to take a lot of before photos, but I have 2 spare Grifos in various states of disrepair, and I had to buy a couple more online to get a complete set of doors, as well as serviceable windows. Here they all are in a group..





And now a big pile of parts..
Notice how each chassis is different! Regular Wheel verision, early transitional, and later Superfast! What a selection!


Here's what I ended up with. Decided to go with the early transitional chassis, and left the chrome on the wheels alone. This is the first time I've used this paint, which is a satin nickel.. Turned out to be a bit more gold than I thought, but I like it. Bit of gloss clear and here we are! 







And a comparison shot with its cousins...




No comments:

Post a Comment