Sunday, October 5, 2014

Matchbox Ferrari 456 Custom

Happy Sunday folks! It's a beautiful day here in Tennessee, and I thought I'd share this car with you. It was a childhood toy of mine that I always liked, the Ferrari 456. Easily my favorite modern Ferrari, its got a great design, a glorious engine, and just adds up to be what I consider a "proper" Ferrari to be. 12 cylinders riding up front, with a classy, elegant design, a real GT car. This particular release of the casting though, is none of those things! Purple bodywork, ugly wheels, bright green interior, no thanks.



I'm a big fan of the new 5 spoke wheel design from Matchbox, and thought they would suit this car nicely.



Here's what I came up with. You may know I'm not a fan of red Ferraris at all, and try to stray away from that color whenever possible. I saw one in a lovely shade of pale gold the other day, and that's the color I'd have in a real one, no doubt! What do you think? 




Just need to find some tiny Ferrari logo decals to really set it off!



No comments:

Post a Comment