Sunday, October 5, 2014

Maisto 1956 Buick Century "Un-Customized"

Good evening folks. As a bit of a Buick enthusiast, I couldn't pass up this new Maisto model when I saw it on the shelves the other day. For only $2.50, it's a very high quality model, and I like it a lot! But "resto-mods" really don't do much for me on classic American iron generally. I much prefer the stock original, un-molested look. This old Century was just begging to be brought back to stock.




All I really did was remove the wheels and grind some holes in the base so the new wheels would fit and give it the proper ride height. Oh, and added a couple coats of gloss clear to take away the "satin" look of the paint. It sits with a bit of a lean to one side, but overall I'm very pleased with how it turned out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment