Monday, January 27, 2014

A Closer Look: More Classic British Metal

Hello everyone! Sorry for there not being any posts yet today. I am a college student and the semester is getting busy already! I'll do my best to keep updating the blog with new content, but school does come first..

While I was at work, delivering sandwiches, I saw this beautiful old Jag, and just had to stop. My customer didn't get their sandwich as "freaky fast" as they may have liked, but I had to spend a few minutes taking in this beautiful old car. There are all sorts of interesting cars lurking around the middle Tennessee area, but this one definitely ranks near the top.










As the license plate says, it's a 1957 Jaguar 3.4 Saloon, not a Mark 2 as I initially thought. These cars were never officially referred to as Mark 1s, but that title kind of stuck after the popularity of the car that replaced it, the Mark 2. It was equipped with the 3.4 liter version of the XK120 engine that we talked about in the last Closer Look. I know it's not a model car, but it was too cool not to share!

To keep it diecast related, here's a pic of the closest thing I have in my collection, the Lesney #28c Jaguar Mk10.



Remember to like our Facebook page! LA's Diecast Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment