Friday, January 31, 2014

Project Update: Lesney #25d Ford Cortina

Good evening everyone! I'm being a very much atypical college student, and spending my Friday evening catching up on American Horror Story and working on some of my projects! I've been working on the Cortina, and I thought I'd put out a little update..

A quick reminder of where it started.

I haven't done anything major tonight, just stripped off the old paint and gave the other parts a good solid cleaning. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Off with the paint!

The windows are the worst part of this car. But a quick soak in some dishsoap and water...

And presto! Looks nearly brand new. I'm not so sure it'll even need a Future dip.

A bit of soap and water on the chassis made it look like new too!


A close up of the stripped body

So here's where we stand, ready for paint!


I broke one of the wheels taking them off, but I think I have a car that's a bit beyond repair with the same size wheels that should work. I'm still open to suggestions on straightening axles, one is quite bent. 

Just in case you want to check out the Original Post

And as always, please like us on Facebook and Twitter





No comments:

Post a Comment