Sunday, June 15, 2014

Lesney #18e-Field Car Superfast Transitional

The paint has finally dried on this one.. I think it came out pretty well. I've always liked this casting for some reason, and I certainly love transitionals, so I kept it stock. Here's what I started with:







Certainly not a bad starting point. The wheels were in reasonable shape, the roof was good, and it had its spare wheel. The only real problems were the bent windshield frame, and the missing trailer hitch, a problem that plagues so many models from this era.

But not to worry! I had a spare Field Car laying around with a good interior/hitch. I think I might try to fit some modern wheels to this one and completely lose the roof, at some point. 


This was another pretty straightforward resto. After some straightening of the windshield frame, a lick of paint, and some touch-up on the wheels, here's what I ended up with:








Heading off to it's home on the display shelf:



Like LA's Diecast Blog on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. beautifull

    Greetings from Argentina

    http://retroautosminiatura.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete