Sunday, February 23, 2014

Matchbox Aston Martin DB7

I finished up another custom today. This one has been painted for ages but I couldn't find the wheels I wanted. I had plenty of the small HW lace wheels, but not the big ones. A Talbot Lago gave up its shoes and here we are.

I have always been in love with the DB7, I think it's one of the best looking cars ever made. In BRG, Matchbox made a great example of the car. But these wheels, slapped onto everything in the Tyco era, just don't look good at all. So I decided to give one of my childhood toys a makeover. 









The wheels are maybe a bit big for this car, but they looked loads better than the small ones. This is my favorite wheel design, and I probably use it too much, but that's ok. This is the same automotive paint I used for my Lesney Lincoln Continental Restoration. I think it suits the car well. 



Remember to like us on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment