Sunday, February 16, 2014

Project Wrap Up: Lesney #25d Ford Cortina

Good evening everyone! It's been a lovely day here in Tennessee, so I finally was able to get some painting done. I've been working on this project for a few weeks, you may remember it. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it, but it was all there. Just a basic strip, clean and repaint. Here's the Cortina before, in case you forgot...







And here she is now...











I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow when there's light. But I'm thrilled with how it has turned out. I never liked the original color of this model, so I changed it! Why not? It wasn't planned this way, but this is actually a Ford color, called Jade Green Metallic. According to a quick Google search, it was used on Ford trucks back in the mid-1970s. I found a spray can of it on clearance at an auto parts store a few years back and thought it looked nice, so I grabbed it. When trying to select a color for my Cortina, it just jumped out at me, and I think it looks great. 

Let me know what you think in the comments section!


Previous Updates:



Like us on Facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment